Gwinnett County, GA Car Accident Attorney
Complete Help and Guidance from a Gwinnett County Car Accident Lawyer
Even though car accidents happen all the time—far more often than they should—no one plans ahead for one. When you get behind the wheel every day, you don’t say to yourself, “Well, I think today’s the day that I’ll be rear-ended,” do you? Of course not. However, it’s unfortunate that even though you can’t predict or plan for an accident to occur, you’re still responsible for the aftermath—and in some cases, that aftermath is absolutely devastating. That’s where we come in. Gwinnett County car accident attorney David Brauns and the Brauns Law team is here to help you secure your family’s medical treatment, vehicle repair, and future following a car accident.
Absolute Help After a Car Accident for a Secure Future
When dealing with car accident claims, it’s easy for insurance companies to lump all of your damages together to haggle over a settlement price they demand you accept. That’s simply not fair.
Your concerns after an accident aren’t just figures that they can put into some secret formula and then dismiss—they should address your damages individually to calculate a fair and thorough settlement. David Brauns understands this, which is why he has spent his career focusing on all aspects of car accident law, from injuries to car damage to medical insurance needs.
In fact, to ensure that insurance indifference doesn’t take advantage of you, David routinely represents car wreck victims in need of help with:
- Severe injuries, such as brain trauma, spinal cord damage, amputations, internal injuries, etc.
- Extended medical treatment or surgical needs
- Need for long-term care, including recurring treatments, home nursing care, hospice, etc.
- Problems with medical insurance
- Excessive medical bills as a result of complex or catastrophic injuries
- Employment problems resulting from the inability to work because of injuries
- Car replacement and maintenance problems
As well as any consequences resulting from:
- Pedestrian collisions. Whether a negligent pedestrian caused your accident or you were the pedestrian who was hit by a negligent driver, we’ll fight to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
- Car damage and injuries. If you and your family suffer a severe car accident, you have the right to compensation. No matter the cause, from fender-benders and impact collisions to reckless driving and drunk driving or any other harmful car accident causes, we’ll do our best to make sure that you and your family get the treatment and restitution you need.
- Traffic-related negligence. Any type of traffic violation caused by another party that resulted in harm to you or your family deserves just compensation.
- Defective vehicles and equipment. Were you injured because your brakes failed at a crucial time, or your airbag deployed without reason? Brauns Law, PC, can work with you to secure a fair recovery caused by poor design or defective manufacturing.
The Trustworthy Help You Need to Get Back on the Road
More than a decade’s worth of experience has taught us that insurance companies can’t be trusted. Just like any other business, they’re out to make money no matter what that may mean for your future. As a result, they’ll do everything in their power to lowball your settlement and confuse or frustrate you into accepting a pitiful agreement. We’ve seen it time and time again. That’s why, at Brauns Law, we fight to make sure insurance companies don’t take advantage of you with their common tactics. We fight for your future, not just for your money.
To ensure that you get the trustworthy and proper guidance your claim needs, we provide the following assurances:
- Complete analysis of your claim and thorough assessment of all damages.
- In-depth discussion (at least 45 minutes) about what exactly you want out of your claim, including damage, injury, and insurance restitutions—with no charge or obligation.
- Thorough review of your options and a reasonable range of compensations.
- Compassionate and empathetic development of our client-attorney relationship. We want to make sure you’re comfortable enough with us to develop a confident rapport.
- Thorough education on the filing process, strategies, and what to expect throughout the claim process,
- Willingness to fight for justice. We’ll press the opposition to make sure your needs are met.
- Personal attention. You’re not just a file number to us—you’re family. As such, we’ll do everything in our power to ensure that you’re as comfortable as possible throughout the claims process, including answering all of your questions and giving you the personal attention and reassurance you need whenever you need it.
David Brauns has spent his entire career gathering the experience necessary to overcome underhanded insurance company tactics to get you a fair settlement. His assertive, focused techniques and fortitude for justice have helped hundreds of people like you get the settlements they deserve. Isn’t that the kind of representation you want in a car accident lawyer?
Fill out our contact form, call us at (404) 348-8396, or come see us at our Duluth office for a free consultation. Remember, it’s your future, but it’s our job to protect it—get in touch with us today!
Information About Car Accidents in Georgia
The following are some of the most recent statistics published:
- 385,221 crashes reported
- 19,405 serious injuries
- 1,430 deaths
- 152 motorcyclists deaths
- 193 pedestrian deaths
- 23 bicyclist deaths
Many people believe they are good drivers, try to follow the traffic laws, and generally believe they will be safe on the road. However, even if you take all possible safety precautions, you cannot control the actions of others on the road and are at risk of sustaining serious injuries in a collision. For example, only 10 of the 152 motorcyclists who died were not wearing helmets. While helmets do provide substantial protection from head and brain injuries, always remember that a helmet does not fully protect you from devastating injuries.
In addition, you should always be aware of the common causes of car accidents, not only to try to prevent a crash if you witness signs of a risk but also to protect your legal rights if an accident does occur. The following are some of the common causes of car accidents in Georgia:
- Drunk driving – Thousands of people ignore the law and drive after having too much to drink in Georgia every day. Unfortunately, police officers cannot catch and arrest everyone who is under the influence, and drunk drivers cause about one-fourth of the fatal crashes in our state. If you suspect a driver may be impaired due to erratic driving, you should always report them to police to reduce the risk of someone getting injured. When a drunk driver causes injuries, they should be held fully liable for all damages.
- Speeding – Speed limits exist for a reason, and every driver should not only obey the posted speed limit but also recognize when to slow down during adverse weather, traffic, or road conditions. However, speed plays a role in about 19 percent of traffic fatalities. State law enforcement issued 658,973 speeding tickets in a single year—and you can be sure there are thousands of more drivers speeding who don’t get caught until it is too late and they cause serious injuries.
- Distracted driving – Reports that indicate distracted driving caused 72 fatal accidents may underestimate the problem’s actual size. Unlike drunk drivers, distracted drivers usually must admit that they were texting or engaging in other distracting activities, as it may not be obvious after a crash. Many drivers aren’t willing to confess to distracted driving, especially if they were violating Georgia’s texting and driving laws. Therefore, distracted driving likely poses a much greater risk every day than the statistics indicate.
Of course, many other factors can and do cause severe car accidents. Determining what caused your crash is essential to identify your legal rights and your options for seeking compensation. Brauns Law has helped clients deal with the aftermath of accidents for a long time, and we can help you determine the best way to proceed.
Who Can Be Held Liable for Your Car Accident Losses?
Identifying what caused your accident is important because it answers the question of who can be held liable for your medical bills, lost income, and other damages. While dangerous driving behavior is the most common cause of crashes, drivers are not the only negligent parties that can cause your injuries. The following may be financially responsible for traffic accidents:
- Other drivers – Anyone who’s been out on any road or highway has witnessed careless or downright dangerous drivers. As mentioned above, speeding, drunk driving, and distracted driving are all common examples of negligence that can cause crashes. Drivers can also be held liable for accidents if they run red lights, tailgate, drive aggressively, or violate other traffic laws.
- Manufacturing companies – You should be able to trust the safety of cars and car parts. However, companies regularly design or assemble parts incorrectly, which can cause safety defects. If you are driving and your brakes, steering, or tires suddenly malfunction and cause a crash, the company may be responsible.
- Your city or state – Some accidents happen because you hit a pothole or get run off the road by a dangerous hazard. Your local or state government should keep all roadways in good condition so that motorists can stay safe. If they don’t, they should have to pay for your medical bills and other losses.
How We Work for You
- Calculating the value of your claim – We want to make sure you receive compensation for ALL of your losses.
- Investigation and evidence gathering to prove what caused your accident – This allows us to prepare a persuasive case on your behalf.
- Handling every step of insurance claims and negotiating payouts – We know that the insurance process is complex, so we handle it for you.
- Personal injury litigation if insurance claims are not sufficient – We aim to negotiate a settlement, but can also represent you at trial if needed.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in the Duluth area, Brauns Law is on your side and is here to help. Consultations to discuss your accident are always free, so please don’t wait to call our office at (404) 418-8244 or contact us online today.