Motorcycle Accident Attorney In Duluth Georgia
There is nothing like the freedom you feel when you take your motorcycle for a spin. Millions of people have swapped their passenger vehicles for choppers, hogs, and Harleys during motorcycle season. Unfortunately, this is also why the number of motorcycle injuries has remained alarmingly high over the past 30 years. A motorcycle rider is vulnerable when a traffic crash occurs – and the simple fact is that the biker usually is not the cause of the accident. David Brauns believes you deserve more – not less – for sustaining serious injuries. That is why he dedicates his life to helping people like you get the help they need.
Greater Injuries Require Greater Experience
Although motorcycles allow riders to feel a sense of freedom that they would otherwise not get from driving a car, this “freedom” comes with a price – poor protection. Motorcycles are inherently less safe than regular cars because they provide little protection for riders and passengers. As a result, motorcyclists are 26 times as likely as car drivers to die in an accident per vehicle mile, and five times more likely to become injured, according to the Insurance Information Institute.
This is why David Brauns has spent the last decade acquiring the knowledge and experience needed to help those who suffered excruciating motorcycle injuries in Duluth Georgia, including but not limited to:
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord and brain trauma
Greater Risk Requires Better Representation
You may try to convince yourself that an increased risk of injury is only true if you are in an accident. As long as you are careful, you do not have to worry, right?
Wrong! In addition to a greater risk for injury in the event of an accident, motorcyclists also have an increased risk of getting into accidents. Due to their smaller size and decreased stability (two wheels instead of four), motorcycles are subject to the following accident risks.
- Cars and pedestrians failing to see them. Motorcycles are harder to spot in mirrors and in peripheral vision. But car and truck drivers simply are not accustomed to look for smaller vehicles. “Gee, officer, I just didn’t see him,” is a common excuse for motorcycle wrecks. Pedestrians also often fail to see motorcyclists, which can lead to catastrophic injuries for both parties.
- Trucks braking in front of them. Motorcycles are maneuverable, but braking fast to avoid a collision can cause a loss of stability.
- Other reckless bikers. Some motorcyclists get dangerously daring, and they become a hazard to others sharing the road.
- Open doors. Countless motorcycle accidents have occurred when passenger vehicle occupants open car doors without looking.
- Failure to abide by the rules of the road. Too often, other drivers refuse to yield the right of way to motorcyclists, fail to signal their intentions, or do not grant bikers safe use of a full lane. The result is often tragic.
- Drunk drivers. Intoxicated drivers already have demonstrated poor judgment, and they cannot be trusted to drive cautiously around smaller vehicles.
- Defective bike design or parts. If the bike was poorly designed or manufactured, then the manufacturer or a parts manufacturer could be liable for any damages that result from an accident.
- Road hazards. A government entity responsible for road upkeep, or a trucking company whose vehicle spilled cargo onto the roadway could be liable should those hazards cause a motorcycle accident.
With all of the potential risks you take getting on your bike, it is time that you put your life and future in secure hands. Fill out our contact form or call us at 404-418-8244 to see how David’s passion to win fair settlements for his clients will drive him to provide you with the following.
- A complete analysis of your claim and thorough assessment of all damages, including injuries and necessary motorcycle repair.
- A personal, in-depth discussion (at least 45 minutes) about your needs and options for restitution.
- A thorough review of your case and estimate of recoverable compensation.
- A compassionate and empathetic development of a client-attorney relationship. We want to make sure you are 100 percent comfortable with us and our representation.
- Help organizing and dealing with medical bills and insurance.
- A complete education on the filing process, strategies going forward, and what to expect throughout the claim process.
- Help with gathering evidence for your claim.
- A willingness to fight for justice. We will press the opposition to make sure your needs are met, not theirs.
- Personal attention. We will do everything in our power to ensure that you are as comfortable as possible throughout this ordeal. This includes answering all of your questions and giving you the personal attention and reassuring confidence you need to get back on your feet.
What are you waiting for? Allow David to use his extensive knowledge and experience to work for you. Call now!