Terms of Service
Last Updated: March 7, 2011
This Terms of Service (the “Agreement”) sets forth the terms and conditions that apply to your access and use of the internet website owned and operated by ClaimClinic, LLC (“ClaimClinic”, “we”, “our” or “us”) and located at www.claimclinic.com (the “Site”) and the services available thereon, including without limitation the services that enable you to investigate, document, prepare a bodily injury claim demand package, and negotiate your bodily injury claim with insurance companies (the “Services”).
BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, EITHER BY COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS BY CLICKING A BOX INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OR BY EXECUTING A SUBSCRIPTION THAT REFERENCES THIS AGREEMENT (THE “SUBSCRIPTION”), YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
Ability to Enter into this Agreement
In order to enter into this Agreement, you must have reached the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are legally eligible to enter into this Agreement under any laws applicable to you in your jurisdiction of residence or otherwise. If you accept this Agreement, you represent that you have the capacity to be bound by it.
Your Profile Information and Account
You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password which, together with your email address, allows you to access the Services. That email address and password, together with any or other user information you provide, form your “Profile Information” and allow you to access your account (“Account”). You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself, and you may not misrepresent your Profile Information.
Your right to access and use the Services is personal to you and is not transferable by you to any other person or entity. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Account or under your Profile Information. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your Account or Profile Information, you are responsible for notifying ClaimClinic immediately.
By providing us with your e-mail address, you agree to receive all required notices electronically, to that e-mail address. It is your responsibility to update or change that address, as appropriate
You shall pay all fees specified in any Subscription. We will charge you a monthly fee for having access to the Services. Such monthly fees shall be billed in advance for each month and are non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service or for periods in which your account remains open but you do not use the Services.
We reserve the right to modify our billing rates at any time upon thirty (30) days written notice by posting such fee changes to the Services or on the Site.
At our discretion, we may offer free or discounted pricing for use of the Services (a “Trial Program”). Once the terms of any Trial Program have expired, you agree that our normal billing rates shall apply. You agree to comply with any additional terms, restrictions or limitations (including limitations on the total amount of usage) we impose in connection with any Trial Program.
Intellectual Property Rights
All right, title, interest and ownership and intellectual property rights in and to the ClaimClinic trademarks and the Site, including but not limited to its “look and feel” (e.g., text, graphics, images, logos, buttons, icons and the placement and layout thereof), images, video, audio, data, content, software (including html-based computer programs) and other media, material or information will remain the property of ClaimClinic or its software or content suppliers. The Site is protected under United States and international copyright, trademark and other laws and treaties.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, ClaimClinic grants to you, during the term of this Agreement, a non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited-purpose right to access and use the Services that are subject to a valid Subscription.
You acknowledge that any ideas, suggestions, concepts, processes or techniques which you provide to ClaimClinic related to the Services, the Site or ClaimClinic or its business (“Feedback”) shall become ClaimClinic’s property without any compensation or other consideration payable to you by ClaimClinic, and you do so of your own free will and volition. ClaimClinic may or may not, in its sole discretion, use or incorporate the Feedback in whatever form or derivative ClaimClinic may decide into the Site, its software, services, documentation, business or other products, or any future versions or derivatives of the foregoing. You hereby assign all rights on a worldwide basis in perpetuity to ClaimClinic in any Feedback and, as applicable, waive any moral rights.
ClaimClinic owns any test results, data information and other output generated by your use of the Site and/or the Services during the term of this Agreement. You may not disclose to any third party any test results or performance information regarding the Site or the Services, whether generated by you, ClaimClinic or a third party, except where expressly permitted.
You agree to safeguard, keep secret and not to disclose to any third party, any Confidential Information acquired, learned or provided from ClaimClinic during the term of this Agreement or following the expiration or termination of this Agreement. “Confidential Information” means any information marked confidential or that ought reasonably to be considered confidential under the circumstances and includes, without limitation, any business plans, customer lists, operation procedures, trade secrets, design formulas and programming code, know-how and processes, computer programs and inventions, discoveries, and improvements of any kinds.
Acceptable Use and Conduct
You agree that that you will not publish or make available any Content that, or use the Site in a manner that:
- infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party’s intellectual property or proprietary rights;
- contains software viruses, Trojan horses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- is libelous or defamatory, or that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or is invasive of another’s privacy;
- is harmful to minors in any way;
- is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable, as reasonably determined by ClaimClinic;
- impersonates a ClaimClinic employee, or any other person, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to the Site or a portion thereof without proper authorization;
- interferes or attempts to interfere with the proper working of the Site or prevents others from using the Site, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to the Site, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons’ ability to use the Site, or inadvertently or intentionally disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of the Site or any other site or system in use by another user of ClaimClinic;
- uses any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to monitor or copy the Site or the content contained therein;
- facilitates the unlawful distribution of copyrighted Content;
- licenses, sublicenses, rents or leases the Services to third parties, uses the Services for third party training, commercial time-sharing or service bureau use, or otherwise makes the Services available to third parties or otherwise commercially exploits the Services;
- includes personal or identifying information about another person in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted through the Site to users;
- constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests;
- stalks or otherwise harasses anyone on the Site or with information obtained from the Site;
- collects, uses or discloses data, including personal information, about users without their informed consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- requests, solicits or otherwise obtains access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any user of the Site for the purposes of automating logins to the Site;
- attempts to gain unauthorized access to the computer systems of ClaimClinic or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of the Site;
- posts adult or pornographic Content;
- decompiles or reverse engineers or attempt to access the source code of the software underlying the Site, the Services or any other ClaimClinic technology;
- copies, archives, stores, reproduces, rearranges, modifies, downloads, uploads, creates derivate works from, displays, performs, publishes, distributes, redistributes or disseminates all or any part of the Site;
- accesses the Site for the purposes of building a product using similar ideas, features, functions, interface or graphics as those found in the Site;
- accesses the Site for the purposes of monitoring its availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes; or
- accesses the Site to upload any Content or computer code for the purposes of: (i) causing a breach of security to the Site; (ii) interfering with the proper working, functionality or performance of the Site; or (iii) preventing others from accessing or using the Site.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT FORMING PART OF OR RELATED TO THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT YOU UPLOAD OR SUBMIT AND ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE AND CONTENT, ARE AT YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. CLAIMCLINIC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, PERFORMANCE, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, QUIET ENJOYMENT, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
CLAIMCLINIC DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE AND CONTENT, WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME CLAIMCLINIC MAY REMOVE THE SITE FOR INDEFINITE PERIODS OF TIME WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE MAY BE INTERRUPTED FROM TIME TO TIME FOR ANY OF SEVERAL REASONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE MALFUNCTION OF EQUIPMENT, PERIODIC UPDATING, MAINTENANCE OR REPAIR OF THE SITE OR OTHER ACTIONS THAT CLAIMCLINIC, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, MAY ELECT TO TAKE. CLAIMCLINIC MAKES NO GUARANTEE REGARDING: (A) THE AMOUNT, TIMING AND DELIVERY OF ANY CLICKS OR IMPRESSIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY CONTENT (INCLUDING THIRD PARTY CONTENT) OR ADVERTISING ON THE SITE; OR (B) THE COMPATIBILITY OF YOUR SOFTWARE, HARDWARE OR CONTENT WITH THE SITE.
CLAIMCLINIC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF, OR FOR THE FAILINGS OF, ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDER OF ANY CONTENT, SERVICE, NETWORK, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS, HOSTING SERVICES UTILIZED BY CLAIMCLINIC, TELECOMMUNICATIONS PROVIDERS, CONTENT PROVIDED BY OTHER USERS, OR ANY SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE NOT PROVIDED BY CLAIMCLINIC.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM CLAIMCLINIC OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
THE SITE IS OFFERED AND CONTROLLED BY CLAIMCLINIC FROM ITS FACILITIES IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. CLAIMCLINIC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE SITE IS APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE IN OTHER LOCATIONS. THOSE WHO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE FROM OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO SO AT THEIR OWN VOLITION AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL LAW.
Limitation of Liability
YOU AGREE THAT, UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR TORT, SHALL CLAIMCLINIC OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ACTING ON YOUR BEHALF FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES OR THE COST OF ANY SUBSTITUTE EQUIPMENT, FACILITIES OR SERVICES (EVEN IF CLAIMCLINIC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY SUBSCRIPTION. CLAIMCLINIC’S LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF: (A) $100; AND (B) THE TOTAL AMOUNTS YOU PAID TO CLAIMCLINIC IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE OCCURRENCE OF LOSS OR DAMAGE. TO THE EXTENT ANY PROVINCE, STATE OR JURISDICTION DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, CLAIMCLINIC’S LIABILITY IN SUCH PROVINCE, STATE OR JURISDICTION SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO ANY DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES PROVIDED ON ANY THIRD PARTY SITES OR OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY ANY THIRD PARTIES OTHER THAN CLAIMCLINIC AND RECEIVED BY YOU THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE SITE OR RECEIVED BY YOU ON ANY THIRD PARTY SITES. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT CLAIMCLINIC WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS THE RESULT OF ANY INTERACTIONS OR DEALINGS WITH ADVERTISERS OR AS THE RESULT OF THE PRESENCE OF SUCH ADVERTISERS ON THE SITE.
ClaimClinic reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Site and/or Services, or any portion thereof, with or without notice at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, a failure to comply with the terms of this Agreement. ClaimClinic shall have no liability whatsoever for any damages, liabilities, losses or any other consequences that you may incur as a result of any such modification, suspension or discontinuance.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless ClaimClinic, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, co-branders, all third-party advertisers, technology providers, service providers or other partners, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, shareholders, employees and representatives, from and against any third party claim, demand, loss, damage, cost, or liability (including, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the Site, including but not limited to in relation to: (a) your use, non-use or misuse of, or connection to the Site, the Services and any Content, including without limitation your Content and any third party Content, forming part of the Site; (b) your breach or alleged breach of this Agreement; and (c) your violation of any rights, including intellectual property rights, of a third party. ClaimClinic reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify ClaimClinic and you agree to cooperate with ClaimClinic’s defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of ClaimClinic. ClaimClinic will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
If there is any dispute between you and ClaimClinic about or involving this Agreement, the Site or the Services, you hereby agree that the dispute shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia in the United States of America, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Forsyth County, Georgia with respect to any claim, proceeding or action relating to or otherwise arising out of this Agreement, the Site or the Services, howsoever arising, provided always that ClaimClinic may seek and obtain injunctive relief in any jurisdiction.
If any portion of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable by any arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction, this Agreement as a whole shall not be deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, but only that portion of this Agreement that is unlawful, void or unenforceable shall be stricken from this Agreement.
You agree that this Agreement is specifically enforceable by injunctive relief and other equitable remedies without proof of monetary damages.
You agree that if ClaimClinic does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Agreement (or which ClaimClinic has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of ClaimClinic’s rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to ClaimClinic.
The sections of “Submission of Content”, “Intellectual Property Rights”, “Confidential Information”, “Disclaimer of Warranties”, “Third Party Sites and Content”, “Limitation of Liability”, “Indemnity” and “Miscellaneous” will survive any actual or purported termination or expiry of this Agreement and continue in full force and effect.
You may contact ClaimClinic by email at email@example.com or by mail at ClaimClinic, LLC, PO Box 4426, Alpharetta, Georgia 30023