Truck Accident Attorney In Duluth Georgia
A large truck can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. If you are in an accident with one, the results can be devastating. You could be facing extensive medical bills, ongoing pain and suffering, and short- or long-term disabilities. Act quickly to protect yourself and your family from crippling financial burdens that an accident can cause. David Brauns is a truck accident attorney in Duluth Georgia who can help.
Our team helps accident victims recover compensation from liable parties after truck accidents, such as trucking companies, vehicle maintenance companies, etc. You will not have to worry about lowball offers and dubious settlement offers from the insurance company with Brauns Law on your side.
Who is responsible for paying my claim?
The Brauns Law team will evaluate your case and help you identify the responsible party or parties. Trucking accidents can be complicated, and there may be multiple entities involved. The following scenarios can affect liability in your case.
Your attorney will help you understand who might be liable for the truck accident when you are preparing your case. Consider the following possibilities:
- Driver error: In many cases, the driver of the truck may be at fault for the accident. It is possible that the driver’s negligence (texting and driving, aggressive driving, etc.) caused the events leading up to the crash. In these cases, the trucking company that employs the driver could be vicariously liable.
- Industry violations: Sometimes drivers ignore important federal regulations guiding allowable service hours or cargo securement. Driver work logs, cargo containment and tie-down procedures, or truck weight can all become key pieces of evidence in an accident case.
- Negligent hiring or training: A trucking company could be liable for failing to ensure that its drivers have adequate training and qualifications. Unqualified truckers are a danger to all who share the road.
- Negligent service and maintenance: If your accident occurred because some important mechanical system of the truck failed (braking system, for example), you might need to focus on the maintenance and service company that worked on the truck or the trucking company as the responsible entity.
- Manufacturer defects: When a part or component of the truck breaks and causes an accident, the manufacturer of the truck or a specific part might be the liable party. If the part was substandard or faulty, you may be entitled to compensation from the company who made it.
How can Brauns Law help me after a truck accident?
To work towards a positive outcome for your case, Brauns Law will provide the following services:
- Sort through complicated liability issues (partial or full liability) involving truck drivers, trucking companies, vehicle manufacturers, maintenance companies, etc.
- Identify and retrieve evidence from the accident scene, drivers’ logs, or other necessary reporting.
- Draft and send a letter of spoliation to the trucking company.
We fight for your future, not just for your money.
What should I do now?
Call David Brauns and the Brauns Law team for help. Our team is ready to hear your story and offer legal advice to help you receive the compensation to which you are entitled. For a no cost, no obligation consultation, contact us at 404-418-8244.