Although David Brauns and the Brauns Law team work hard to ensure a fair settlement offer for your case, there are times when the insurance company simply will not provide acceptable compensation for your damages. In such cases, it may be necessary to file a lawsuit to secure the reimbursement you deserve. Our team will manage the entire process required when taking your personal injury case to court. We will prepare all required paperwork and attend all hearings, updating you and keeping you informed every step of the way.
Steps in Filing a Lawsuit
The Brauns Law team is experienced and knowledgeable in Georgia law and will work with you and for you to make sure your court case is professionally handled. We manage the entire process to keep your time commitment at a minimum. We will take the following steps for your claim and keep you up-to-date on everything affecting your case.
- Step 1: Brauns Law will file the required complaint or petition with the office of Clerk of the Court. All civil court cases begin with this step and it is the initial requirement to sue another person or entity. Your Brauns Law team will know where to file the complaint and will ensure all paperwork is correctly completed and delivered.
- Step 2: We will coordinate the process of serving the complaint and summons to the defendant. The complaint tells the defendant what the lawsuit is about and the summons informs him of how much time he has to respond to the complaint. We will relay any answers from the defendant and keep you informed about how we intend to handle the case moving forward.
- Step 3: Our team will handle any requests for information or any need to retrieve documents or evidence during the discovery process. This is the step where we work to learn as much about the other party as possible, and they will do the same.
- Step 4: We will attend the hearing on your behalf. You may be required to sit for a deposition (an out-of-court sworn statement) during the discovery process, and you will have the option to be present for the hearing as well. We will coordinate with any witnesses that need to participate in the hearing.
- Step 5: Our office will notify you of the court’s decision and what the process will be to obtain your payment in the case.
If you feel you were offered an unfair settlement and need legal representation, call Brauns Law for an analysis of your case. For a no cost, no obligation consultation, contact us at 404-418-8244.